*Thanks to Trucker Docs expert panel doctor, Dr. Kenn Seals, for contributing to this article. You can find Dr. Seals at Chiro Stop in Salt Lake City, UT
Do I need to bring the DOT Physical form with me?
- No. The DOT doctor will have the forms that are needed.
- The Medical Examination Report For Commercial Driver Fitness (Long Form).
- The Medical Examiner’s Certificate (DOT Card)
- To save time, some DOT physical offices will make the Driver Information and Health History section of the Medical Examination Report available before your appointment, so you can complete it before the exam.
Do I have to get naked for a DOT physical?
- No, you do not have to get naked. You may need to loosen or remove your shirt so the examiner can listen to heart sounds and do an abdominal check.
Does a DOT physical include a drug test?
- No, drug testing is not part of a DOT physical exam.
- Be aware that if you have been sent by your company for a DOT physical, they may request – in addition – that a drug screen is done. The drug test is an additional cost.
What is the DOT physical urine test used for?
- The urine test is just a kidney screen to test for sugar and protein. It’s done to determine that there is no early onset of conditions like high blood pressure breaking down the kidneys, or early signs of diabetes, or kidney infection.
What if I conceal a conditional or disqualifying medical condition?
- On the first page of the Medical Examination Report you must certify that your responses are complete and true. Making a false statement for concealing a medical condition may invalidate the examination and the Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
What To Expect During The Examination
Things You Must Bring To Your Appointment
Things To Be Prepared For Your Appointment
Other Questions About the DOT Physical
1111 SCURRY BIG SPRING TX 79720 (432) 264-1920 Fax: (432) 264-1725
How Long Is A DOT Medical Card Good For?